Criminal cases

Philadelphia Legal Assistance does not help with criminal cases.  We only help with civil cases.  If the government is accusing you of committing a felony, misdemeanor, or summary offense, we suggest that you contact the Defender Association of Philadelphia for legal assistance.

If you are being denied employment because of your criminal record, see the Employment with a Criminal Record page of the web site of Community Legal Services.