Name Change

PLA provides advice and referrals for clients seeking a name change for themselves or their children.

How to get help with Name Change

The following departments at PLA provide legal assistance with Name Change:

Intake Procedure:

Applicants may apply for assistance from the General Intake Unit by calling the telephone intake line or applying online.

Self-Help Resources

Pennsylvania name change guide

This informational gude on PA Law Help, developed by North Penn Legal Services, contains an explanation of the name change process and a form for a "Petition for Change of Name" that you can fill out yourself.