PLA's legal services help clients stay in their homes.  We advise thousands of homeowners each year about what they need to do to avoid losing their homes to mortgage foreclosure or real estate tax foreclosure.  In a limited number of cases, we defend mortgage foreclosure cases in court or represent clients in Chapter 13 bankruptcy cases.

Clients who rent from a private landlord, or live in public housing, or have problems with public utilities should contact Community Legal Services instead of PLA.

How to get help with Housing

The following departments at PLA provide legal assistance with Housing:

Intake Procedure:

Applicants need to call the Save Your Home Philly Hotline.

Self-Help Resources

Information and assistance available from Community Legal Services

Community Legal Services offers legal information, advice and/or representation in the following areas:


Jasper Katz - Attorney
Jane Nylund - Attorney
Margaret Robinson - Attorney

Margaret Robinson supervises the Save Your Home Philly Hotline.

Joyce Smith - Paralegal
Irwin Trauss - Attorney

Irwin Trauss is the Supervising Attorney of the Consumer Housing Unit.

Joanne Werdel - Attorney