Resources for Housing and Food
Food: Since COVID-19, the City has organized free food sites around the city.There are food sites (pickup one box of food), meals for students, meals for seniors, and meals for residents. To see a map of the different sites and to get more information about when they are open and what they offer, click here:
Food Pantries: http://www.hungercoalition.org/food-pantries
If you didn’t see your specific housing or food need here, you should call 211. 211 will connect you with an employee of the United Way of Greater Philadelphia who is familiar with food and housing resources in Philadelphia and the surrounding counties.
Food Delivery and Emergency Congregant Meals:
- Rec centers offering grab and go food for children 18 & Under
- Food Pantries in the Area
- Older Adult Centers offering food
- Find Free Meals throughout the city (for youth only)
- Food delivery options for seniors and immunocompromised: http://www.mannapa.org/services/apply-for-manna-services/
- Food/medicine/supplies delivery “Philly Mutual Aid – Neighbors Helping Neighbors” is a Black, Brown, & Native-led group of community members & organizers involved with radical social justice organizations around the city. We are neighbors concerned about our communities and helping to make sure those most vulnerable and affected by COVID-19 get the help they need. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Burger King is giving away free kids meals with purchase through their app.
- Devereux Memorial United Methodist Church serves food Wednesdays at 12pm. Located at 2527 W Allegheny, 215-221-5050.
- St Francis Inn serves To-go meals Mon-Thurs. 4:30-6pm, Fri-Sun. 11:30am-1pm, Coffee and pastries T/W/Th. 10am-11amLocated at 2441 Kensington Ave, 215-423-5845.
- Our Brother’s Place has To-go meals Mon-Fri 12-1pm pick-up in the garage. They serve men only. Located at 906 Hamilton Street, 215-985-1600.
- The Church of the Advocate has to go meals daily at 12pm. Located at 1801 Diamond St, 215-978-8000.
- Rowhouse Grocery- 17th + McKean: Offering a 15% discount for service workers
- South Philly Barbacoa- Half kilo of vegan barbacoa 6-8 pm until friday 3/20 pay what you can
- Pay what you wish meals at Kalaya from 3pm-5pm daily (764 S 9th S)
- Giordano’s Food Market- $35.00 produce, vegetable, dairy, nuts and dried fruit box; delivery or pick-up: call 215-389-6500 or email email@example.com
- West Philly Food Not Bombs distributes free food every Friday at 4:30pm at Malcolm X Park (51st and Pine)
- Food Not Bombs Solidarity distributes free food every Thursday from 5-6pm at the 46th Street El Stop (46th and Market.)
- Crusaders for Christ Church distributes food on Fridays from 3-4 PM. (Please call on Friday morning to be sure they are still distributing food: 215-387-3014.) Location: 1201 South 42nd Street, Philadelphia PA 19143
- Paradise Emmanuel Tabernacle church distributes food on Wednesdays and Saturdays, from 9 AM-12 Noon. (215) 571-5406; 4704 Woodland Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19143.
- DOPE is offering non-perishables and frozen food every Friday from 3-5 at 56th and Kingsessing. They will deliver to elderly folks and parents with young children. Their number is 267-281-4931. They will continue to do this through the duration of the shutdown.
- Chosen 300 West has to-go meals Mon & Fri. 6-7:30pm. Located at 3959 Lancaster Ave, 215-765-9806.
- University Lutheran Church has meals Mondays 6pm; Tuesdays 5pm. Located at 3637 Chestnut Street, 215-387-2885.
- Broad St Ministry is offering to go meals M-F 11:30am-2pm. Located at 215 S Broad. They are also offering free mail services to folks who do not have stable housing/are houseless.
- Chosen 300 is distributing carry out meals on Wednesdays from 5:30-8pm and Fridays from 5:30-8pm. Located at 1116 Spring Garden Street, 215-765-9806.
- St John’s Hospice offers carry out meals M-F 12pm-1pm. Located at 1221 Race Street, 215-563-7763.
- St Mark’s is offering Saturday soup to-go from 7am-9am and is serving food Tues-Fri 9:30-11am at Parish Hall Door. Located at 1625 Locust Street, 215-735-1416.
- Sunday Love Project serves food on Sundays at 5pm, Mondays at 10am and Tuesdays at 5pm. Located at 1904 Walnut Street, 267-241-8348.
- Muslims Serve serve to go food outside the Municipal Services Building Thurs-Monday at 4pm. 833-486-4370 ext. 2.
- Arch St. Methodist Church serves a to-go Sunday dinner every week from 6pm-7pm. Located at 55 N. Broad St. 215-568-6250.
- Free Halal lunch available from Masijidullah Inc. 7401 Limekiln Pike, Philadelphia, PA 19138. Please contact MECCA at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 215-424-44880.
- Weaver's Way Co-op has expanded their home delivery and is not charging for it. Not the cheapest place to shop but they are very community-minded.
- Enon Tabernacle Baptist Church
- 230 W. Coulter Street Philadelphia, PA 19144 Monday - Thursday 10a-12p
- West Kensington Ministry — 2140 N Hancock St. (19122) - Mondays and Thursdays, 10a-12p