A divorce is the set of legal steps you need to take to end a marriage through the court. If you are getting a divorce, you may need to make decisions about child custody or dividing assets.
If you are getting a divorce where:
- You and your spouse are not dividing assets, such as a house or car;
- You and your spouse are not seeking spousal support or alimony;
- You know where your spouse lives;
- You have been separated for at least a year; AND
- You meet our income eligibility guidelines, you can apply for legal assistance at apply on-line.
If you want to consider paying a private attorney for help with a divorce, you may contact the Lawyer Referral and Information Service of the Philadelphia Bar Association at 215-238-6333. They can arrange an attorney consultation for $35, plus the cost if they work with the attorney.
Apply online for an issue, anytime by filling out our online application. Click the button below to take you to our application site. Note: this will open in another tab in your browser.