Pennsylvania Farmworker Project

H-2A Problems

An H-2A visa is a visa that gives someone permission to come to the U.S. to do seasonal farm work for a specific company if that company can’t find any workers to hire in the U.S. This visa requires the companies to provide specific things to H-2A visa workers and non-H-2A workers doing the same job.  To hire workers with H-2A visas, a company must provide:

  • A higher minimum wage
  • A written contract 
  • Reimbursement for travel expenses to and from the country
  • Free housing 

This may sound like a pretty good deal, but it can also be a dangerous situation. The immigration status of these workers is tied to their job with one company in a country and town they may have never been to before. If anything were to go wrong, it could be difficult to find help and to feel safe asking for it.


Intake Process

Call the Pennsylvania Farmworker Project

Call the Pennsylvania Farmworker Project at 888.541.1544 OR call, text or WhatsApp message the Farmworker Project paralegal at 215.603.9548

Related Self-Help Material

Relevant Team Members