Unemployment Compensation and COVID-19
Unemployment compensation can put cash in your pocket when you have lost your job through no fault of your own.
If you are out of work or are losing hours because of COVID-19, you may qualify for Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation.
Do I qualify for unemployment compensation?
Apply for unemployment compensation if any of the following have happened to you at work because of the coronavirus pandemic or its impact:
- Your hours have been reduced because of the public health crisis
- You have been temporarily laid off or your workplace closed
- You were sent home from work due to minor symptoms related to coronavirus
- Your work was interrupted because you need to care for a family member
- You were fired when you refused to work in unsafe conditions
- You quit to avoid unsafe conditions
Which Unemployment Compensation Program Do I Apply For?
I have W2 work history from the last 18 months or am an app-based driver
I lost work because of COVID-19, but I don't qualify for UC
I don't know which program to apply for
I think I May Lose My Job
Are you scared that you might lose your job or need to take a leave of absence? Learn what you need to do to protect your eligibility for unemployment compensation.
Think You Are Not Eligible for UC Benefits? Think Again!
In response to COVID-19, a new unemployment benefit program, Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA) is available to workers who are not eligible for regular Pennsylvania Unemployment Compensation (UC).