Community Law School Day - February 25, 2017
Community Law School Day is an empowering and free educational event open to the public. We will provide concrete, useful information and practical strategies to empower attendees to become better advocates for themselves and for others. The day will include an opening welcome session for all attendees, with remarks from Philadelphia City Councilman Curtis Jones, followed by three time blocks where attendees can choose between different exciting classes:
- Child custody
- Rental housing law and your rights as a tenant
- Representing yourself in court
- Cutting through red tape to get public benefits and services
- Your rights when dealing with the police
- Finding legal help and information online
- Parents' role in the IEP process
This special event will also feature different clinics to enable attendees to sign up to meet one-on-one with an advocate to receive information:
- Child support
- Criminal record expungement
- Individualized Education Program (IEP) process
- Tax preparation - Register for the Tax Preparation Clinic at https://pathways.ticketleap.com/ccpvita/
Pre-registration is encouraged, but walk-ins are very welcome if space permits.
If an interpreter is needed, please let us know when you register.
If you have questions, need help registering, or would like to register by phone, please call Rachel Courtney at 215-981-3766.
Community Law School Day is presented by Community Legal Services (CLS), Philadelphia Legal Assistance (PLA) and the Fox Rothschild Center for Law and Society at Community College of Philadelphia (CCP), with the generous contributions of ACLU-PA, Pathways PA, Clarifi, TURN, the PEAL Center, People's Paper Co-Op, and other public interest organizations.