Family Law Unit

PLA's Family Law unit focuses on helping survivors of domestic and sexual violence leave abusive relationships and build lives of their choosing.

Updates for the COVID-19 Pandemic

If you are looking for updates on Philadelphia Family Court during the COVID-19 pandemic, check out our guide.

Young woman-presenting person holding an infant

Looking for Resources?

PLA works hard to keep up-to-date, excellent resources available for the thousands of self-represented litigants in Philadelphia's Family Court each year.

Two women-presenting individuals look at a laptop in an office setting

Law Student Clinics

PLA takes mentoring the next generations of advocates seriously. Our highly trained law interns provide high-quality, compassionate advocacy to our clients.

Star intern, Samantha DiGiuseppe, highlighted the need for attorneys to cede power. 

Learn More About PLA's Advocacy

HB 1984 Passes to Protect Single, Violence Survivor Parents

PLA advocated for altering legislation to protect our clients

All Sexual Assault Survivors Deserve Independence

Read this powerful statement from Attorney Arly Smith-Pearson

Social Worker Appreciation Month

Social Workers are critical to the practice of law, especially when assisting survivors escaping abuse.

Call Us for Help

The fastest way to speak with an advocate is to call the Family Law Hotline at 215-981-3838 between 9:30 a.m. to 12 p.m. from Mondays and Thursdays.

**Please note that PLA’s Family Law Intake hours will be reduced to 2 days per week starting Monday, December 5, 2022. Family Law Intake will also close from December 19, 2022 to January 3, 2023.**