Photo of two rowhomes. One door is painted bright green and one is painted bright blue.  Photo by Tyler Finck on Unsplash

Consumer Housing Unit

The Consumer Housing Unit strives to prevent foreclosures and evictions for low-income homeowners, fight against predatory lending, and assist families in preserving the integrity of their homes.


For help with home mortgages, sheriff sales, or tangled titles call the Save Your Home Philly Hotline at 215-334-HOME (4663) between 9:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. Outside of these hours, callers can leave a message and get a call back from a PLA advocate.

Or apply online at

I'm falling behind on my mortgage

Many people are struggling to keep up with their mortgage during the crisis. Learn what steps you can take now.

I can't keep up with my real estate taxes

There are several real estate taxes assistance programs available in Philadelphia. Learn if any apply to you.

I don't have the deed to my house

Often times as homes are passed along generations, tangled titles are formed. PLA can help straighten out the deed.
Two women crouch in a yard and pulls weeds from the ground

Building Equity For Side Yard Caretakers

What if a person has been taking care of a home adjacent property and doesn’t know who owns it, or thinks they own it but someone else argues otherwise?

Two children looking out a window; Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash

No One's Home Should Make Them Sick

While Philadelphia has a strong legacy of homeownership across income levels, for many folks keeping up with repairs is a challenge and damage over time can have severe effects on a family's health.